PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE SAMSUNG Z FOLD3 AND Z FLIP 3 GUARANTEED TRADE-IN VALUE PROMOTION
Please read these Promotion terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Promotion. Please refer to this website for the current Terms and Conditions for this Promotion on
All participants during the term of this Promotion agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
SAMSUNG Z FOLD3 AND Z FLIP 3 GUARANTEED TRADE-IN VALUE (“Promotion”). The promoter of the Promotion is Samsung Electronics South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, Registration number: 1994/003872/07 and/or its agencies (“Organizer“). The trade-in partner of the Promotion is Regener8 Group Proprietary Limited, Registration number: 2017/308339/07 and/or its agencies (“trade-in partner/ Regener8”)
- Promotion Period:
- The Promotion will run from the 17 September 2021 (00h00) to 31 December 2021 (23h59) (“the Promotion Period”).
- The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Who may enter:
- All participants must:
- be citizens of the Republic of South Africa and/or a legal residents of the aforesaid country,
- must be currently residing in the Republic of South Africa at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period,
- must be a natural person and be at least 18 (eighteen) years old at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period.
- All participants must:
- How to qualify for the Promotion:
- the participant must:
- Be a participant in terms of section 3
- must purchase or have purchased a Galaxy Z Fold3 or Z Flip3 (“Promotion Device“) during the Promotion Period from an authorized Samsung device reseller.
- The participant will be required to utilise the IMEI number of their Promotion Device to apply for a trade-in of their Pre-Owned device as outlined in clause 1.4 to qualify for the Offer detailed in clause 6below.
- Upon the purchase or following the purchase of the Promotion Device, the participant must trade-in any of the following Pre-Owned devices (“Pre-Owned Device”) within the Promotion Period:
- the participant must:
|Device Range:||Device Model:|
|Samsung S Series||S10, S10e, S10+, S20FE, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra|
|Samsung Note Series||Note10, Note10 Lite, Note10+, Note 20, Note 20 Ultra|
|Samsung Z Series||Z Fold, Z Fold2, Z Flip|
|Apple iPhone||X, Xs, XR, Xs Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11Pro Max, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max|
|Huawei P Series||P30, P30 Pro, P40, P40 Pro|
- The Offer outlined in clause 6 below will only be provided in respect of Pre-Owned Device(s) that are deemed by the trade-in partner through inspection of the Pre-Owned Device to be a Grade A, B or C device as per the table below:
|Grade A||Device in full working condition|
|Grade B||Faulty device with physical damage such as scratches, dents, cracks etc.|
|Grade C||Faulty device with damaged or Faulty LCD|
- In the event that the Pre-Owned Device does NOT switch on with a charger and is given a level D grading, then the Pre-Owned Device will not qualify for the Offer and the normal trade-in value offered for a Grade D device will be paid for that device.
- Can I qualify more than once for the Offer:
- The Promotion is limited to one entry per Promotion Device purchased, should there be any dispute in this regard, the Organizer shall be sole adjudicator of the dispute and the Organizer’s decision shall be final.
- The Promotion will afford the participant the opportunity to receive a minimum trade-in value (“Guaranteed Value”) for a trade-in of one of the Pre-Owned Devices outlined in clause 1.4 when they purchase a Galaxy Z Flip3 or Galaxy Z Fold3 device, provided the Pre-Owned Device are deemed by the trade-in partner to be a Grade A, B or C device as set forth in clause 4.1.5 (“the Offer’). The Guaranteed Value for a Galaxy Z Fold3 device would be a minimum of R4,800.00 (inclusive of VAT) or R7,200 (inclusive of VAT) for a Galaxy Z Fold3 device.
- The participant should apply for the trade-in through a Participating Retail Partner for the Guaranteed Value to be paid to a participant by way of:
- a virtual gift card to the value of the Guaranteed Amount that may be used to purchase goods online, should the operator network be MTN; or
- a reduction in the monthly contract payment of your device, if the device is taken out on any other participating operator network.
- Should the trade-in be unsuccessful, the participant will be required to repay the Guaranteed Value directly to the trade-in partner (if the participant applied for the trade-in through the Samsung Online trade in platform) or the relevant Participating Retail Store (if the participant applied for the trade-in through a Participating Retail Store). Bank charges will apply.
- Offer is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the Offer is permitted.
- The Offer may differ from that shown on the promotional material with regard to colour and specs and same shall be subject to availability and in the Organizer’s sole discretion to select same.
- The above promotional Offer is available on a “while stocks last” basis and the promotor cannot be held accountable once the stock of the promotional Offer has been depleted.
- Redemption of Offer:
To redeem your Offer in relation to the Promotion Device, the participant must follow the following steps and/ or instructions:
- In store trade-in for Guaranteed Value redemption and Promotion Device purchase:
- Step 1: Prepare as many Pre-Owned Device(s) as you are trading-in to be immediately taken by Participating Retail Store by:
(1) backing up files and information from the Pre-Owned Device;
(2) perform a factory reset on the Pre-Owned Device;
(3) deactivate the Pre-Owned Device from google or iCloud account, and
(4) remove sim and memory cards.
- Step 2: Go to a Participating Retail Store, where your Pre-Owned Device will be graded to confirm the final trade-in amount. Payment of the Guaranteed Value or a higher amount will be based on whether the criteria in clause 1.5 have been met. In the event that the criteria in clause 4.1.5have not been met and the device is given a level D grading as contemplated in clause 4.1.6 , the final trade-in amount will be a lower amount, which amount you are entitled to accept.
- Step 3: In the event that you agree to the trade-in value provided by the Participating Retail Store, which value may be the Guaranteed Value or a value higher than the Guaranteed Value or a value lower than the Guaranteed Value (which will be dependent upon whether the criteria set out in clause 1.5 or 4.1.6 have been met), the participant must agree to the terms and conditions of the Participating Retail Store’s trade-in agreement.
- Step 4: When you agree to the final trade-in amount you will provide your personal details to be added to the trade-in agreement for sale of your Pre-Owned Device(s).
- Step 5: The final trade-in amount, which may either be the Guaranteed Value or an amount higher than the Guaranteed Value or an amount lower than the Guaranteed value (which will be dependent upon whether the criteria set out in clause 1.5 or 4.1.6 have been met) , will be paid by the Participating Retail Store to a participant by way of:
- a reduction in the monthly contract payment of your device, if the device is taken out at a participating operator network, excluding MTN; or
- a virtual gift card to the value of the final trade in amount that may only be used to purchase goods online should the operator network be MTN.
- Limitation of Liability:
- To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant hereby indemnifies the Organizer against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participant’s entrance to the Promotion.
- the Organizer excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
- Data charges may be incurred by the participant during the redemption process of the Offer and the Organiser will not be responsible for any such costs.
- Network rates apply.
- To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- In accordance with the confidentiality policies and practices of the Organizer, none of the entry details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used by the Organizer for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion and in accordance with clause 3 below.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that the Organizer shall utilise a third party (the “Organizer’s authorized agent/s”) to contact the participant, in the event that the participant qualifies for the Promotion, and to arrange delivery of the Offer, where applicable. In order to affect the contacting and delivery process, the Organizer’s shall provide the participant’s information to such third party.
- The Organizer may require the participant to be identified and photographed. Photographs may be published in printed media, or the participant may be required to appear on radio and television when accepting their Offer and/or after having received their Offer. The participant will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Organizer’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Promotion.
- Information regarding the Promotion that is published on authorized advertising material will also form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion. In the event however, of any conflict between the advertising material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Organizer’s may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the trade in partner’s website http://trade-in.regener8group.co.za/switchtogalaxy/
- The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Organizer reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- Save as permitted by Law, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the trade in partner’s website http://trade-in.regener8group.co.za/switchtogalaxy/
- No liability shall lie against the Organizer in favour of any participant, participant(s) and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the participant waives his/her right which they may have against the Organizer and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organizer.
- This Promotion is governed by these Terms and Conditions, as well as those of the relevant authorized Participating Retail Stores, associated with this Promotion.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- The Organizer accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the Offer owing to, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of Offer on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
- Consumer Protection Act:
- To the extent that the Terms and Conditions or any goods or services provided under the Terms and Conditions are governed by the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (the “Consumer Protection Act”), no provision of the Terms and Conditions are intended to contravene the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, and therefore all provisions of the Terms and Conditions must be treated as being qualified, to the extent necessary, to ensure that the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.