Samsung Trade-In allows customers to bring in any device (being a mobile phone, tablet or wearable) which will be evaluated by Regener8 for a credit trade-in value, which value is then applied as a discount to the purchase price of a new Samsung device, subject to certain criteria e.g. the age and condition of the device.
Samsung have appointed Regener8 Group Proprietary Limited (registration number: 2017/308339/07) (“Regener8“) as their official trade-in partner in South Africa and who works with Samsung and/or Samsung branded store staff to deliver the Samsung trade-in and/or trade up programmes.
Yes, you can trade-in more than one device for a discount on your future Samsung purchases, subject to certain criteria such as the age and condition of the device e.g. you can trade-in two mobile phones for a reduction in price on a new Samsung Tablet or a Samsung TV. However, in the case of a trade-up, only one device will be eligible for the value to be applied to the trade-up promotion, all other devices will be eligible for the normal trade-in value which Regner8 will provide to you.
- For Online: Regerner8 will arrange for a courier to collect your device at your convenience. You can reschedule a collection provided this is at least 24 hours before the original appointment. Should the device not be provided to the courier as per the agreed first collection, then you will be liable for the costs of the courier for any additional collection requests.
- For in-store: If you wish to complete the trade-in in store, please take your existing device with you to a Samsung branded store to be graded and traded in.
Your device will be collected by Regener8’s courier within 10 days after we have confirmed your device meets the trade-in/ trade-up criteria. If, however, you are not available at the time arranged with Regener8’s courier, you will have to pay for a courier to collect the device from you for delivery to Regener8.
Before you hand over your device in store or for collection by Regener8’s courier;
- Back up your files, photos contacts and all other data
- perform a “factory reset”
- Remove any Google or iCloud locks –
- iCloud Account Removal: Go to Settings > general > Reset > Erase all content and settings.
- Google Account removal: Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Erase all data > enter pin if prompted > Erase all data.
- Remove your SIM and memory cards.
- If you are trading-in a mobile device, place your trade-in device into a suitable padded envelope and seal it ready for collection by the courier.
- If you are trading-in a wearable device or a tablet, place your trade-in device together with all original accessories e.g. charging cables into a suitable padded envelope and seal it ready for collection by the courier. Please be aware that the original accessories MUST be included with the trade-in tablet or wearable device. If you do not include the accessories, it will not be accepted for trade-in.
Please note that Regener8 cannot recover any data from your device after you hand it over.
If your device is blocked, it is likely it has been reported lost or stolen, and we will not be able to proceed with the trade-in. If you are the rightful owner of a blocked device, you will need to resolve this with your service provider. Neither Samsung nor Regener8 are able to unblock any device.
If you want to trade in a device and it does not meet the requirements we have specified, a value will be given by Regener8. If the value doesn’t meet your expectation, the device will be returned to you.
For mobile devices, only the mobile device is required. You may include other accessories if you wish to dispose of them. For wearable devices and tablets, we require the device AND all the original accessories e.g. charging cables.
Regener8 will have the sole discretion to resell or harvest components / raw materials of the devices in an environmentally-friendly manner. All devices will be data-wiped for your security.
No. If you have received the trade-in value of the old device, the transfer cannot be reversed.
The trade-in amount will be issued to you in the form of a Trade-In Promotion code and/or Voucher that can be used on the South African Samsung Online Store hosted on https://shop.samsung.com/za. The Promotion code and/or Voucher will be sent to you via email after the final evaluation of the device has been done by Regener8 and the cooling off period of 10 days has been observed.
For a Trade-in where we have an offer for a specific Galaxy Device(s), a special Promotion code and/or Voucher will be created, which can allow you to purchase that specific Galaxy device(s) being promoted ONLY
Note: The Promotion code and/or Voucher is valid for 3 (three) years from date of issue and can only be used once to purchase items on the Samsung Online Store, therefore the full amount on the Promotion code and/or Voucher should be used as any balance will be forfeited. In addition, once the Promotion code and/or Voucher expires the amount will be forfeited
There is an option to receive cash if you have purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Phone, Smart Watch or tablet device, prior to requesting the Trade-in.
You will need to apply for the trade-in through our online platform trade-in.regener8.co.za/switchtogalaxy and submit the IMEI number of the new device purchased as part of the trade-in application process. Note the IMEI will be validated as a new purchase
If the IMEI is successfully validated, then the payment can be made to your bank account. The payment will only be made to a valid South African Bank account
- The Promotion code and/or Voucher can ONLY be redeemed through the Samsung South Africa’s online store by visiting https://shop.samsung.com/za.
- The Promotion code and/or Voucher will be sent to you via email only by Regener8 upon your acceptance of the final Trade-In amount and the cooling off period has been completed
- You can purchase any available or participating item on the Samsung Online Store https://shop.samsung.com/za.
- Note the Promotion code and/or Voucher can only be used ONCE, meaning that is a single use Promotion code and/or Voucher on the Samsung online store. When you check out and use the Promotion code and/or Voucherfor payment, the FULL amount of the Promotion code and/or Voucher must be used any balance remaining will be forfeited .
Note: The Promotion code and/or Voucher will expire within 3 (three) years from the date it is sent to you and will not be redeemable after the expiry date.
- The Promotion code and/or Voucher for a specified trade-in offer can ONLY be redeemed through the Samsung South Africa’s Online Store by visiting https://shop.samsung.com/za or through a specific promotion website created for the campaign.
- The Promotion code and/or Voucher on a specified trade-in offer will be sent to you via email only by Regener8 upon your acceptance of the final Trade-In amount and cooling off period has been completed.
- The Promotion code and/or Voucher on a specified trade-in offer will only allow you to purchase specific Galaxy device(s) defined by the promotion campaign on either https://shop.samsung.com/za/trade-in-offer or https://shop.samsung.com/za or any other promotion or campaign web link created.
Note the Promotion code and/or Voucher for a specified trade-in offer can only be used ONCE, meaning that is a single use Promotion code and/or Voucher, on the online or campaign store. When you check out and use the code for payment, the FULL amount of the code must be used as any balance remaining will be forfeited Note: The Promotion code and/or Voucher for a specified trade-in offer will expire within 3 (three) years from the date it is sent to you and will not be redeemable after the expiry date.
If the model you want to trade in is not listed, we do not offer trade in on that model.
No, this is not required at the time of trading in your device. However, you will need to ensure that the device has not been registered as lost or stolen. Your device also needs to be unlocked with all screen locks, PIN locks, “Find my Device” or similar locks disabled.
You may be eligible to trade-in your phone. You can trade in any device you want as long as it’s part of the eligible trade-in list. For more information, please visit our Samsung Trade-in website trade-in.regener8group.co.za/switchtogalaxy